"I think the act of carrying something that is normally found in our bedroom out into the light is supposed to mirror the way I’ve talked to the media and talked to different news channels, etc," Emma continues in the full video which you can watch here.
So, I just want to go into HOW MUCH Columbia and the NYPD has failed, and revictimized, Emma Sulkowitz.
In her school hearing, Sulkowitz ” had to explain to the three administrators on the panel how anal rape worked. She told them she had been hit across the face, choked and pinned down, but, she said, one still seemed confused about how it was possible for someone to penetrate her there without lubricant. Sulkowicz said she had to draw them a diagram.”
"Her best friend was meant to be at the hearing; Sulkowicz had chosen her as her one “supporter.” But her friend was kicked out of that role for talking about the case, according to Sulkowicz, in violation of the university’s confidentiality policy. As punishment, her friend was also put on probation and made to write two reflection papers: one from the perspective of Sulkowicz and another from the accused."
FROM THE PERSPECTIVE
OF HER FRIEND’S RAPIST
- Two other women at Columbia have accused this guy of sexual assault/rape. But he’s been found not responsible in all instances, and is still on campus
- When she went to the police, one officer said: “”You invited him into your room. That’s not the legal definition of rape.”
- Another officer told her friends, who came with her: ““For every single rape I’ve had, I’ve had 20 that are total bull——,” he added. “It’s also my type of job to get to the truth. If that means being harsh about it, that’s what I do.”
I want to set literally everything on fire.
In summation, my trip to St. Louis was 75% turtles + 20% bruised knees + 5% reality TV. (at City Museum)
Post with 2 notes
Some things that used to fill me up, but now make my heart too heavy:
• Neil Young, DinoJr/Jay Mascis, the Replacements, X
• Twin Peaks, American Horror Story
• Riding my Peugeot
• Coffee + Cigarettes on my porch
• Handlebar for dinner
• Every inch of Lincoln Square
• “our” friends
• Uptown Bikes
• Sweaty summer nights
Betty and Veronica accidentally discover tribadism.
Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
"He tossed my salad like his name was Romain."
Post with 1 note
Lately i’ve been coming home from work, refreshing facebook and buying clothes on the internet until it’s socially acceptable to go to sleep. Anyone want to give me an excuse to wear th—oh look, it’s midnight.
Page 1 of 175